Hydrogenerators are AC synchronous generators that are driven by water turbines and convert mechanical energy into electrical energy. It uses the principle of electromagnetic induction to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy.
1. Working principle
Hydrogenerators are AC synchronous generators that are driven by Hydro Turbine and convert mechanical energy into electrical energy. It uses the principle of electromagnetic induction to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy.
2. Classification of water turbine generators
(1) According to the layout of the shaft: vertical layout and horizontal layout
(2) Vertical hydroelectric generator: divided into suspended type and umbrella type
(3) Suspended turbine generator:
Ordinary umbrella type-the upper and lower guide bearings are located in the upper and lower frame respectively.
Semi-umbrella type-only upper guide bearing, no lower guide bearing.
Full umbrella type-only lower guide bearing, no upper guide bearing
3. The main parameters of hydroelectric generator
The main parameters of the generator are as follows:
(1) Rated capacity;
(2) Active power;
(3) Stator voltage U and stator current;
(4) Rated power factor of generator;
(5) Generator efficiency η;
(6) Short circuit ratio;
(7) Moment of inertia of generator
(8) Synchronous reactance;
(9) Excitation voltage and excitation current, etc.
4. The main structure of Hydraulic Turbine Generator
The water turbine generator is composed of main components such as stator, rotor, bearing, frame and auxiliary devices such as excitation, cooling, braking, measurement, and fire extinguishing.
Stator: It is composed of stator frame, iron core, winding and air cooler.
Rotor: It is composed of a large shaft, a rotor support, a yoke, a magnetic pole and a brake ring.
Bearing: There are thrust bearing and guide bearing.
Frame: upper frame and lower frame; used to house thrust bearings, guide bearings and other components.
5. Cooling of water turbine generator
Air is usually used as the cooling medium to cool the stator, rotor windings and stator core. Most hydro-generators use air-cooled closed self-circulation cooling methods; small hydro-generators also use open or ducted ventilation.
If there is anything you want to know or add, please contact our Hydraulic Turbine Generator Supplier