1. Technical Renovation: refers to taking technical measures to improve, replace or rebuild the equipment or facilities of Hydropower Stations in order to improve their rationality, economy, and reliability.
2. Renovation of Replacement: refers to replacing all or part of the original units with new equipment, while the installed capacity remains unchanged. After replacement, due to the improvement of performance and efficiency, the annual power generation is increased.
3. Renovation of Capacity-increasing: refers to the technical renovation of all or part of the units by increasing installed capacity. Due to performance improvement, efficiency improvement and capacity increase, the annual power generation is increased. The unit expansion is also one of the ways to increase capacity.
4. Renovation of Capacity-decreasing: refers to the technical renovation of all or part of the units by decreasing installed capacity. Due to performance and efficiency improvement, the annual power generation is increased.
5. Power Output (or Output): refers to the Mechanical Power Output of the shaft of the turbine.